Veterans Day will be observed on Friday, November 10th, a date that’s approaching fast. The Imagis team intends to honor the brave men and women who have selflessly served our country and risked their lives to protect our freedoms.
To show our appreciation, we’d like to donate $500 to your favorite veterans’ charity for any referrals you send to us during the month of November. All you need to do is to send your business friends to us, and we’ll do the rest.
These donations are important to the many organizations that work to support our veterans, but they’re far from the only thing you or I can do to show these amazing men and women we have their backs.
Here are a few more ways we can all support our veterans this year:
- Visit a wounded veteran in your local VA hospital.
- Offer your home repair skills to a veteran.
- Create an online neighborhood group to share information with veterans about community activities, recommend reliable repair companies, find babysitters or caregivers, and more.
- Volunteer your financial, legal, or career expertise via MilServe.
- Deliver meals or care packages to veterans.
- Help a veteran tell their story through a project like the Veteran’s History Project. You can download a VHP field kit from the Library of Congress website.
- Volunteer with an organization, such as Canine Companions for Independence, that provide therapy dogs to veterans.
- Offer a vet a ride by volunteering with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) organization that provides free transportation to men and women who are unable to travel to VA medical facilities on their own.
- Visit serve.gov and use the keyword “veterans” to find more opportunities to serve our nation’s veterans.
- Say “Thank You” to a veteran.
In addition to our donations, the Imagis team will be taking part in a few of these activities. Simply put, it’s the least we can do to show our appreciation for their dedication and their service.
However you’ll be marking this important day, keep this in mind – even the smallest gesture can make a huge impact. No contribution goes unnoticed or unappreciated.
Executive Director/Veteran of the NY Army National Guard